Our client based in Hertfordshire is requiring a permanent full time nurse the key tasks are:
- To participate in developing, establishing and reviewing standards of care with the Manager which includes an effective system of monitoring.
- To ensure agreed staffing levels are maintained and to report any difficulties to the Manager.
- To ensure all staff are aware of existing home and nursing policies and procedures. .
- To promote the service in a positive light within all interactions with residents, relatives, visitors & others
- To address all complaints quickly and effectively in consultation with the Manager and in line with the Company Complaints procedure
- To report & accurately document all accidents & incidents in line with Company Policies & procedures.
- To assume responsibility for the smooth operation of the shift
- To ensure that all documentation is complete & accurate and to immediately report any anomalies to the Manager
- To supervise the work of the more junior staff (both trained and untrained) and to also substantially contribute towards their training and development needs.
- To ensure good communication between all team members during the shift
- To ensure that allocation of tasks to junior staff meet the needs of the residents and the service & are completed.
- To monitor the standards of the homes cleanliness which are remit of cleaning staff and/or Care Assistants and to liaise with the Manager
- To observe for and report and broken or faulty equipment and remove it from use
- To provide clinical nursing advice and supervision to junior staff.
- To carry out all forms of skilled nursing care that a patient may require within your scope of practice
- To ensure the philosophy of the service and service criteria are clearly defined and the objectives stated are met.
- To ensure a system of nursing care is practised that allows staff to provide individualised and personalised care.
- To provide a system of care that allows effective and confidential communication between all disciplines and agencies involved.
- To ensure a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors is maintained and to take prompt action to report any potential hazards to the appropriate person.
- To liaise closely with relatives and carers.
- To ensure the procedure of admission, transfer and discharge are carried out to a high standard.
- To attend team case conferences and reviews as necessary.
- To liaise with other members of the interdisciplinary team as required and to co-ordinate and attend Doctors rounds
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL
- To maintain an adequate learning environment to meet the training requirements of NVQ candidates.
- To undertake the supervision of NVQ candidates.
- To maintain a satisfactory level of professional knowledge for one’s self and staff through promoting active involvement in post basic training and other educational initiatives.
- To participate in the process of individual performance review.
This job description is neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the duties and responsibilities may vary from time to time in the light of changing circumstances and in consultation with the post-holder.
HEALTH & SAFETY
The post-holder is required to take reasonable care of his / her health and safety and that of other people who may be affected by his / her acts or omissions at work and to ensure that statutory regulations, policies, codes of practice and department safety rules are adhered to.
Attention is drawn to the confidential aspects of this job. Matters of a confidential nature including information relating to patients or staff must not, under any circumstances, be divulged to any unauthorised persons. Breaches in confidentiality will result in disciplinary action that may result in dismissal.